The information collected by the BETTER registry questionnaires is assembled in a database. This data represents great potential for future studies related to type 1 diabetes. The catalogue of variables contained in the BETTER registry is available HERE.
Are you already an investigator/collaborator of the BETTER project?
We have launched the BETTER student project competition. Any student working with you, i.e. working with a BETTER investigator/collaborator, is eligible to participate. You can spread the word about this competition among your students.
The deadline for the submission of student projects has been extended to July 1st, 2020 at 8:00 pm.
You will find all the information about the competition in this PDF document. Following the June 4th information session, here are some additional details:
- The competition is open to students from all fields of study. The only requirement is to be supervised by a BETTER investigator/collaborator. Medical students/residents are also invited to participate.
- Students may present a project as a team. Only one student must be identified as the lead applicant.
- Students may mention type 2 diabetes or other types of diabetes in their project proposal, but the main topic must be related to reducing the burden of hypoglycaemia in people living with type 1 diabetes.
- The project must be a new proposal. Ongoing or completed projects will not be accepted. It may, however, be a “sub-project” of an ongoing or completed study.
- References are not included in the 500-word limit of the project description.
Important! Please take into consideration the current COVID-19 pandemic in the presentation of the project, especially with respect to recruitment and interventions.
If necessary, we will hold another information session. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to collaborate or have access to BETTER registry data?