June 1st, 2020
The BETTER project team invites students to submit a project proposal.
Projects must fall within the mandate of the BETTER program, which is to reduce the burden of hypoglycemia for people living with type 1 diabetes.
The BETTER program includes, among other things, a registry of more than 1100 participants living with type 1 diabetes.
Project eligibility criteria:
- The student is supervised by an investigator/collaborator from BETTER.
- The project is part of the BETTER mandate.
- The project can be completed within 12 months.
The deadline for the submission of student projects has been extended to July 1st, 2020 at 8:00 pm.
Following the June 4th information session, here are some additional details:
- The competition is open to students from all fields of study. The only requirement is to be supervised by a BETTER investigator/collaborator. Medical students/residents are also invited to participate.
- Students may present a project as a team. Only one student must be identified as the lead applicant.
- Students may mention type 2 diabetes or other types of diabetes in their project proposal, but the main topic must be related to reducing the burden of hypoglycaemia in people living with type 1 diabetes.
- The project must be a new proposal. Ongoing or completed projects will not be accepted. It may, however, be a “sub-project” of an ongoing or completed study.
- References are not included in the 500-word limit of the project description.
Important! Please take into consideration the current COVID-19 pandemic in the presentation of the project, especially with respect to recruitment and interventions.
If necessary, we will hold another information session. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a graduate student in a field related to the BETTER project, send us an email to find out about opportunities to join our team.