Assessment of carbohydrate requirements for the prevention of mild to moderate hypoglycemia in adults living with type 1 diabetes
The IRCM clinic is searching for participants to participate in a research study that aims to prevent hypoglycemia in adults living with type 1 diabetes.
This study involves 4 visits that can be undertaken over approximately 6 months:
- A first visit to determine your eligibility to participate in the study. The duration of this visit is approximately 2 hours.
- The other three visits (approximately 5 hours each) include a test carried out under medical supervision, during which we will lower your blood sugar by an insulin injection to test the effectiveness of an intake of 16g of carbohydrates to prevent or correct hypoglycemia at three different glycemic thresholds:
- When blood sugar is less than 4.0 mmol/L
- When blood sugar is equal to or less than 4.5 mmol/L
- When blood sugar is 5.0 mmol / L or less
- Living with type 1 diabetes for more than one year
- Be 18 years old and over
Delphine Bouchard 514-987-5500 #3295 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org