The Clinical Research Institute of Montreal (QC) clinic is seeking participants for a research project comparing a low-carbohydrate diet to a standard diet in people living with type 1 diabetes and using an automated insulin delivery system (AID).
To be eligible to this project, you must:
- Have had type 1 diabetes for more than one year
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have been using an artificial pancreas system for more than 3 months
- Not already on a low carbohydrate diet
Nature of the project
The objectives are: 1) to observe the time in glycemic targets, 3 months after starting the randomly assigned diet (low carb or standard) and 2) to see how many participants will continue to follow the diet for up to one year.
- The project involves 8 visits over a 1-year period. All visits can be done either at the IRCM or remotely.
- You will continue to use your own artificial pancreas system.
- You will have the opportunity to have an update of your nutritional knowledge related to type 1 diabetes, optimization of your treatment and access to a qualified nutritionist throughout the study.
- Financial compensation will be offered for your participation.
Valérie Boudreau, research Coordinator
Florence Racine, dietitian